- Activities in 2016-17
- Activities in 2015-16
- Events by Women Cell in 2014
- Events by Women Cell in 2015
- All Pages
- Activity Report 2015-16
- Activity Report 2017-18
- Activity Report 2018-19
- Activity Report 2019-20
- Activity Report 2020-21
Page 1 of 5
Date of inception: 2012
Objectives of Women Cell:
To follow the directives of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India for framing and implementing a policy against sexual harassment of women at work place.
1. To uphold Women’s Right to Gender Equality; Right to life and liberty, Right to protection against to protection against Sexual Harassment.
2. To actively and regularly promote a social, physical and psychological environment, both within and outside YMCA, which will raise awareness about and deter acts of sexual harassment of women.
3. To uphold the commitment of YMCA to provide an environment free of discrimination and violence against women.
Facilities Provided for Gender Equity:
University is having anti sexual harassment committee named ICC (Internal complaint Committee) and this committee under Women Welfare Cell has conducted number of programmes related to Women Empowerment and gender sensitization.
1. For preventive measures CCTV cameras (Camera Details Link) have been installed at various places in university and hostels.
2. University Boundary is guarded by guards all the times. In the girl’s hostels lady guards are present for girl’s safety and security (Guards details link).
3. A common room is available for girls’ students in the University campus with various facilities (Facilities details Link).
Brief activities of cell:
1. Regular counselling of girl’s students is done time to time for their awareness.
2. Debates, group discussions, slogan writing and poster making competitions are being organized on regular basis.
3. Expert lectures are being organised on “Women Empowerment” on regular basis.
4. Every year Women day is celebrated in university campus. A large number of students participate with enthusiasm.
List of office bearers of women cell
1. Dr. Neetu Gupta, Associate Professor Presiding Officer / Chairman
2. Dr. Anuradha Sharma, Associate Professor Member
3. Dr. Sandhya Dixit, Associate Professor Member
4. Dr. Sapna Gambhir, Assistant Professor Member
5. Dr. Meha Sharma, Dy. Registrar(Estb) Member
6. Mrs. Renu Dagar, Assistant Law Officer Member
7. Mr. Mukesh Gupta, HOS Member
8. Dr. Richa Tanwar, Director Women Study Centre, KUK External Member
9. Dr. Darshna Gupta Women Reprenstative of NGO
10. *Mr. Shrey, EIC (3rd Year) Student Member
11. *Ms. Wriddha Roy, ECE (3rd year) Student Member
12. *Mr. Ankesh, Mech (3rd Year) Student Member