- Women Welfare Cell
- Activities in 2016-17
- Activities in 2015-16
- Events by Women Cell in 2014
- Events by Women Cell in 2015
- All Pages
Page 1 of 5
Date of inception: 2012
OBJECTIVES OF WOMEN CELL:
1. To follow the directives of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India for framing and implementing a policy against sexual harassment of women at work place.
2. To uphold Women’s Right to Gender Equality; Right to life and liberty, Right to protection against to protection against Sexual Harassment.
3. To actively and regularly promote a social , physical and psychological environment , both within and outside YMCA , which will raise awareness about and deter acts of sexual harassment of women.
4. To uphold the commitment of YMCA to provide an environment free of discrimination and violence against women.
Brief activities of cell:
University is having anti sexual harassment committee named ICC (Internal complaint Committee) and this committee under Women Welfare Cell has conducted number of programmes related to Women Empowerment and gender sensitization.
1. For preventive measures CCTV cameras have been installed at various places in university and hostels.
2. Regular counselling of girls students is done time to time for their awareness.
3. Debates, group discussions, slogan writing and poster making competitions are being organized on regular basis.
4. Expert lectures are being organised on “Women Empowerment” on regular basis.
5. Every year Women day is celebrated in university campus. A large number of students participate with enthusiasm.
List of office bearers of women cell
1. Dr. Anju Gupta, Associate Professor Chairperson (9810571704)
2. Dr. Rashmi Aggarwal, Asstt.Prof. Member (9891595209)
3. Mr. Bharat Bhushan, Asstt.Prof. Member (8802767987)
4. Mr. Mukesh Garg, Sr. Instructor Member
5. Ms. Renu Dagar, Senior Law Officer Member
6. Mr. Rajiv Sharma, Jr.Steno Member
7. Sh. Mammohan Kakker, HOS Member
8. Ms. Poulami Jana, Instructor Member
9. Prof. Richa Tanwar, Director Women Study Centre, K.U.Kuk Outside Member
10. Dr. Bulbul Dhar, Director, Sarojini Naidu Centre for Women Study Outside Member
11. Dy. Registrar(Estb) Member
12. Mr. Keshav, Electrical.(IIIrd Yr) Student Member
13. Ms Preeti Mishra, Electrical.(IIIrd Yr) Student Member