Date of inception: 2012
Objectives of Women Cell:
To follow the directives of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India for framing and implementing a policy against sexual harassment of women at work place.
1. To uphold Women’s Right to Gender Equality; Right to life and liberty, Right to protection against to protection against Sexual Harassment.
2. To actively and regularly promote a social, physical and psychological environment, both within and outside YMCA, which will raise awareness about and deter acts of sexual harassment of women.
3. To uphold the commitment of YMCA to provide an environment free of discrimination and violence against women.
Facilities Provided for Gender Equity:
University is having anti sexual harassment committee named ICC (Internal complaint Committee) and this committee under Women Welfare Cell has conducted number of programmes related to Women Empowerment and gender sensitization.
1. For preventive measures CCTV cameras (Camera Details Link) have been installed at various places in university and hostels.
2. University Boundary is guarded by guards all the times. In the girl’s hostels lady guards are present for girl’s safety and security (Guards details link).
3. A common room is available for girls’ students in the University campus with various facilities (Facilities details Link).
4. University has the facility of a day care center for the children of faculty and staff of the University. (Day care center hyperlink)
Brief activities of cell:
1. Regular counselling of girl’s students is done time to time for their awareness.
2. Debates, group discussions, slogan writing and poster making competitions are being organized on regular basis.
3. Expert lectures are being organised on “Women Empowerment” on regular basis.
4. Every year Women day is celebrated in university campus. A large number of students participate with enthusiasm.
3. UGC gazette notification act 2016 regarding prevention,prohibition and redressal of sexual harassment of women employee and students in higher educational institution,regulations 2015
4. Annual Gender Sensitization Action Plan
5. Activity Report
6. Annual Return on cases of sexual harassment