Electronics Enginering Department have two technical Clubs as
Department has technical Club of students named as Microbird: A brief about the activity of the clubs includes:-
· A workshop on Raspberry Pi was conducted by the club in the Jan 2016 in association with IIT Madras.
· A workshop on Robtrix was conducted by the club in the July-Dec 2015 in association with IIT Guwhati.
· A workshop on iPDC was conducted by the club in the Jan 2015 in association with IIT Kanpur.
· A workshop on Voice controlled Robots was conducted by the club in the July-Dec 2014 in association with Edubotix Pvt. Ltd
· ECOTRONICS – Organised on 6th Feb and 7th Feb 2014. The main aim of event was to spread awareness and motivate the students towards eco-friendly technological growth.
· On the eve of foundation day on 16th September 2014, Six events were organised by MICROBIRD CLUB. These entertaining events and games not only gave a technical touch to the foundation day, but also aided to the fun and enthusiasm of this special day.
· Two teams from the club got selected in “e-yantra – Engineering a better tomorrow” competition an initiative by IIT, Bombay in 2014. e-Yantra is a project sponsored by MHRD through the National Mission on Education through ICT (NMEICT). A total over 3107 Teams (12,423 College students) across India registered for the event.
Department has another technical Club of students named as IEEE student Chapter: A brief about the activity of the clubs includes:-
· Introductory Seminar On Ethical Hacking & Information Security on August 30th, 2010.
· A Workshop on Wired Robotic Car on October 22nd & 23rd,2010.
· Robotic Hurdle Race on October 30th, 2010
· Wireless Robotics Workshop In association with Troika 2011 (Delhi Technological University’s Technical Festival) on 15th & 16th February, 2011
· Hands on Training @ Android Application Development on 25th – 27th March, 2011
· A Workshop on Designing & Development of Robotic Car on 01-11-2012
· An annual completion “Endeavour” on 18-02-2013.
· General Science & Technical Awareness Quiz on 13-09-2014
It’s an immense pleasure to tell that this time two teams from our club got selected in “e-yantra – Engineering a better tomorrow” competition an initiative by IIT, Bombay. e-Yantra is a project sponsored by MHRD through the National Mission on Education through ICT (NMEICT).
Team 1 :
Devika Rani (ECE – 3rd Year)
Yogesh Gupta (ECE – 3rd Year)
Priyanka Sharma (ECE – 3rd Year)
Drishti(ECE – 3rd Year)
Team 2 :
Bhuvensh Kumar (ECE – 3rd Year)
SheetalBansal(ECE – 3rd Year)
Sakshi Sharma (ECE – 3rd Year)
Dildeep Singh (IT – 3rd Year)
For the successful five years of YMCA as a University, the YMCAUST had celebrated – “The Foundation Day” on 16th September 2014, Tuesday. Five years back on this day YMCA had been established as University. The main aim of foundation day was to aware students about this day.
Role of the MICROBIRD - TECHNO CLUB of YMCAUST was to explode the knowledge of electronics among the students but in a fun way as the foundation day was celebrated as a fair.
Six events were organised by MICROBIRD CLUB, which includes ‘BOMBSQUAD’ – in which students had to find and cut the correct wire and defuse the bomb otherwise the bomb exploded. The second was ‘MAZE MASTER’ in which player had to cross the maze without touching the electric maze wires otherwise the buzzer rang. Next event was ‘DE DANA DHAN’ in which participants had to press a LED button , the LED’S showed a number which was mapped with a score card according to that volunteer gave score to participants . Fourth event was ‘BOLLYWOOD PUZZLE’ which includes solving the jigsaw puzzles of bollywood songs. The event called ‘CONNECT THE CORRECT’ was the next in which player had to connect the correct wire to complete the circuit using their mind as well as luck. Last event was ‘ELECTRONIC GAMBLING’ in this game, player had to bring maximum number on die to win. These games were costless and the winners were given chocolates. Students shown zeal and enthusiastically participated in these games. Teaching staff was also playing these techno games and had appreciated it. Respected Vice Chancellor and other guests had appreciated the efforts of club members.
These entertaining events and games not only gave a technical touch to
the foundation day, but also aided to the fun and enthusiasm of this
All the events of MICROBIRD- TECHN0 CLUB were successful. Now everyone eagerly awaits another such fair and we the members of MICROBIRD- TECHN0 CLUB also waiting to do such hard work again so that we can enhance our team work, practical knowledge and managing skills.