Welcome to the Department of Literature and Languages, JC Bose University of Science and Technology, Faridabad, Haryana.
A Lifetime of Creativity
The Department of Literature and Languages, initially a part of the Faculty of Humanities and Sciences of JC Bose UST serves as the kernel to the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Media Studies of the university. Literature along with critical analysis is our core strength but we seek to give an edge to our students in the contemporary digital world of content development that includes non-verbal as well as literary approaches. Furthermore , our courses combine the best in global and regional approaches as we blend the canonized and earlier marginalized areas of studies. In 2019, the university launched its research-oriented and (National Education Policy) NEP compliant MA English programme that is steadily working on projects within the world of literature that are tangible.
The Department offers PhD in English and a two-year full-time MA English programme besides catering to science and engineering department with a spectrum of foundation, elective and audit courses aimed at development of literary acumen, soft skills and creative thinking.
A department with an academically stimulating atmosphere that encourages a spirit of inquiry informed by contemporary literary and socio-cultural concerns.
- To provide an exposure to canonized as well as marginalized literary texts.
- To introduce students to literary and critical theories and practice.
- To help them take economic, social, legal and political considerations when visualizing the role of trans- media pursuits in improving quality of life.
- To help students identify their area of interest so that they can navigate ultimately towards their area of specialization.
- To synergize the efforts of its competent faculty towards imparting intellectual confidence that aids comprehension.
For admissions, please log in to: www.jcboseust.ac.in
or click the admissions portal link: https://www.jcboseust.ac.in/admission2023/applystudent