- Women Welfare Cell
- Activities in 2016-17
- Activities in 2015-16
- Events by Women Cell in 2014
- Events by Women Cell in 2015
- All Pages
Page 1 of 5
Date of inception: 2012
OBJECTIVES OF WOMEN CELL:
1. To follow the directives of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India for framing and implementing a policy against sexual harassment of women at work place.
2. To uphold Women’s Right to Gender Equality; Right to life and liberty, Right to protection against to protection against Sexual Harassment.
3. To actively and regularly promote a social , physical and psychological environment , both within and outside YMCA , which will raise awareness about and deter acts of sexual harassment of women.
4. To uphold the commitment of YMCA to provide an environment free of discrimination and violence against women.
Brief activities of cell:
University is having anti sexual harassment committee named ICC (Internal complaint Committee) and this committee under Women Welfare Cell has conducted number of programmes related to Women Empowerment and gender sensitization.
1. For preventive measures CCTV cameras have been installed at various places in university and hostels.
2. Regular counselling of girls students is done time to time for their awareness.
3. Debates, group discussions, slogan writing and poster making competitions are being organized on regular basis.
4. Expert lectures are being organised on “Women Empowerment” on regular basis.
5. Every year Women day is celebrated in university campus. A large number of students participate with enthusiasm.
List of office bearers of women cell
1. Dr. Neetu Gupta, Associate Professor Presiding Officer
2. Dr. Sapna Gambhir, Assistant Professor Member
3. Dr. Anuradha Sharma, Associate Professor Member
4. Dr. Meha Sharma, Dy. Registrar(Estb) Member
5. Mrs. Renu Dagar, Assistant Law Officer Member
6. Dr. Richa Tanwar, Director Women Study Centre, KUK External Member
7. *Mr. Shrey, EIC (3rd Year) Student Member
8. *Ms. Wriddha Roy, ECE (3rd year) Student Member
9. *Mr. Ankesh, Mech (3rd Year) Student Member